We all have those moments where we feel really overwhelmed in a sudden moment at work or out on the street. Here are 3 simple things that you can do for free which only requires a few minutes to feel better right away.
1. Drink a large glass of water consciously.
2. Do a breathing exercise
- Breathe in through your nose while counting to four slowly.
- Hold your breath while counting slowly to four.
- Slowly exhale for 4 seconds.
- Repeat steps 1 to 3 at least three times.
3. Stretch it out!
Simple stretching exercises can help bring more blood flow to your already tense shoulders and limbs and thus better blood circulation. It also helps reduce the production of stress hormones. You can just stretch out the muscle areas where you feel most tense, remember to always listen to your body! We will share a progressive relaxation technique in our next post!
Your physical and mental health could suffer tremendously if you put yourself under prolonged stress. Keeping your stress level under control to help you feel your best and be the best version of you!